ABOUT THE SERIES
“Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him.” (Colossians 2:7, NLT) A series to help root the people of God, in the Word of God.
The sessions cover:
• knowing which Bible translation is the best to read,
• the correct attitude and posture to experience God in His Word,
• common mistakes Christians make when reading the Bible,
• practical tips for interpreting what was said to the original audience,
• applying Scripture in today’s context.
What is the purpose of the series?
The reason for the development of Rooted is contained in Colossians 2:7. Reading and interpreting our Bibles well is an essential skill. There is an increasing need for this as we draw closer to Christ’s return, false teachings become more widespread, and we need to judge what we hear according to the Word. We trust that this resource will equip the saints to develop a solid understanding of God and His Kingdom through responsible Bible-reading.
Who is the series for?
Rooted is for every believer. It can be used on an individual basis but has been designed specifically for small groups, interaction and discussion. Teenagers through to adults would benefit from the Rooted teaching series.
How is it presented?
The course is made up of five video sessions presented in a small group context by experienced Bible teachers. It is ideal for small group or individual study and includes a study guide supplement.